Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships
Job no: 493751
Work type: Staff Full-time
The Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships is a member of the University Advancement division and works within the Office of Strategic Partnerships to build mutually beneficial partnerships with external organizations. The Associate Director works directly with the Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships on initiatives in support of the University’s new strategy, with a primary focus on securing gifts, grants and sponsorships through corporate partnerships. Collaboration is expected with all colleges and divisions across the University including Advancement, Office of Strategy and Innovation, and the President’s Office.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate prospects with a focus on cultivation and solicitation of gifts, grants and sponsorships.
- Develop written proposals and other appropriate correspondence necessary to document new gifts and commitments from corporate prospects.
- Support departmental efforts to cultivate new mutually beneficial corporate relationships in support of Butler’s strategic plan.
- Support departmental efforts to steward corporate partners with the highest level of customer service.
- Support relationship management activities for University leaders in the cultivation of corporate prospects.
- Support the Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships through the coordination of all departmental projects in support of the University’s new strategy, Butler Beyond.
- Establish oneself as a knowledgeable staff member by learning University strategic priorities, messages related to colleges/units on campus and best practices related to corporate and foundation development.
- Perform other related duties as required and deemed appropriate to effectively accomplish responsibilities of position.
- Undergraduate degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of three years of professional and progressive experience is required; higher education experience is preferred. Candidates with business development, and/or fundraising experience will be given strong preference.
- Commitment to and track record for superior customer service.
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and projects and prioritize accordingly.
- Understanding of philanthropy as it relates to higher education.
- Ability to use discretion in working with confidential and sensitive data.
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills with demonstrated attention to detail and ability to relate to individuals at varying levels internally and externally.
- History of success in developing and managing relationships with major donors, prospects, or clients.
- Computer software skills, including Microsoft Office, is required, and knowledge of integrated client database systems is preferred.
- Professional in appearance, demeanor, and decision-making.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
* Please provide a cover letter to accompany your resume.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend