Associate Director of Advancement Marketing
Job no: 493744
Work type: Staff Full-time
The Associate Director of Advancement Marketing is responsible for supporting the marketing strategies and plans for the Advancement division with the objective of increasing constituent engagement and philanthropic support. This position is responsible for driving a comprehensive marketing plan for the entire Advancement division that includes University Campaigns, Alumni, and Engagement Programs, Annual Giving, Donor Relations, Major and Planned Giving, and Corporations and Foundations. The Associate Director will be responsible for creating marketing content and communication flows, managing web and digital efforts, and efficiently managing marketing spend from budgets across the Advancement division. This position, in close partnership with University Marketing, will also be responsible for providing marketing account management support to various stakeholder departments within University Advancement including Donor Relations and Stewardship, Alumni Relations, Annual Giving and Development.
- In close collaboration with the Office of Marketing and Communication as creative partners, manage the production process in order to execute against the marketing and communication strategies and plans for all Advancement departments. This includes entering project requests into the University Marketing and Communications project management system, coordinating directly with designers, attending production meetings, etc...
- Drive a comprehensive campaign marketing strategy for Advancement, in partnership with the Office of Marketing and Communication. Develop and manage an Advancement Marketing project tracker, including an overall delivery and distribution calendar. Lead monthly meeting with Advancement stakeholders providing updates.
- Develop strategic communication flows-through various communication channels-that promote Butler University to key audiences, including alumni, friends, students, parents, families, faculty, staff, corporate and foundations, civic leaders, and other community partners.
- Support the Advancement division's digital presence and communications, including the campaign website and digital marketing giving campaigns. Create content and track analytics. In close partnership with University Marketing Brand Engagement team, ensure execution of social media strategy, tactics, and content in partnership with Alumni and Engagement Programs, Donor Relations and Development.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing strategies and tactics and report results to leadership teams and various departments within both divisions.
- Efficiently manage marketing spend from budgets across the Advancement division, and make recommendations on spend with the Advancement Senior Leadership Team.
- Through creative talent and proficiency with Adobe InDesign, provide basic graphic design support to Advancement teams.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Participate in Butler University Advancement Division and Donor Relations and Stewardship team events and activities that require expanded resources.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Three to five years of marketing experience required.
- An understanding of higher education and/or non-profit businesses preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in marketing project management and the ability to lead projects and coordinate between multiple departments.
- Demonstrated foundation in marketing competencies, including strategic marketing plan development, communications planning, print media, digital marketing, and social media.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently within broad scope of established departmental policies/practices.
- Demonstrated proficiency in marketing analytics and data-driven decision-making.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills required.
- Precision and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite, and data entry programs.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and familiarity with social media planning/tracking tools.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend