Job no: 493743
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Building & Maintenance Services
Butler Unversity seeks a Locksmith who will work under the general supervision of the Structures Supervisor, perform duties involved in the maintenance and alteration of door lock hardware for campus buildings and structures. Keep accurate records of all changes and alterations. Respond to customer and BUPD work requests as needed. Perform preventative maintenance duties as scheduled.
- Perform periodic preventive maintenance on door hinges, door closers, related door hardware, all electronic locks and ADA assist systems. Also perform PM work in classrooms and restrooms to ensure their functionality.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment including, key blanks, lock parts, knobs, cylinders, cores, etc. Prepare paperwork to order replacements.
- On-call as needed in a shared role with other locksmith and General Maintenance Level 3.
- Rekey locks for security purposes, change key code records
- Cut new keys, reassign used keys, and keep accurate and up-to-date records of all keys, lock codes, and personnel who have University keys.
- All other tasks of the Structures Shop within your abilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3-5 years’ experience with locksmith tasks including lock eplacement, repair and management of lock codes
- Formal locksmith training and certification
- Ability to work in all aspects of building construction in support of facility maintenance.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and repair all type lock/hardware systems, door hardware and closers. At least some experience working with electronic lock systems.
- Key code and key lock management including the re-coring of entire buildings.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend