The Event Manager serves as a key member of the Event Team for the Butler Arts & Events Center which includes five performing arts venues comprised of Clowes Memorial Hall, Schrott Center for the Arts, Shelton Auditorium, Lilly Hall Studio Theatre and Eidson-Duckwall Recital Hall.
General Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Responsible for advancing and managing shows in multiple BAEC venues with external clients and internal BAEC and Butler University departments.
• Manages the volunteer usher program including recruitment, training and scheduling.
• Assists Director of Operations with recruiting, training and scheduling of part-time and student workers.
• Assists Director of Operations in managing events in various events throughout campus
• Develops written plans and event sheets for effective communication throughout the process.
• Maintains close relationships to outside vendors involved in the event planning process.
• Manages event budgets and contributes to show settlements as well as the development of the department’s annual budget process.
• Understands and adheres to any compliance or regulations in relation to events.
• Contributes to the development and creation of standard operating procedures and other documents for managing and/or communicating event information.
• Acting Manager during events understand and implement all policies and procedures related to crowd and house management.
• Contributes to the strategic planning of the department as well as the Butler Arts & Event Center.
• Assists other campus events as needed in the area of planning and event management.
Qualifications & Required Skills
• 3-5 years of event management experience required
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable professional experience
Reports to: Director of Operations
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.