The Marketing Coordinator serves as a key member of the Marketing Department for the Butler Arts & Event Center which includes five performing arts venues comprised of Clowes Memorial Hall, Schrott Center for the Arts, Shelton Auditorium, Lilly Hall Studio Theatre and Eidson-Duckwall Recital Hall. This position is responsible for developing and implementing marketing plans for Butler Arts Presents, internal Butler University programs, community engagement including collaborative partnerships and youth/education outreach. Additional responsibilities include customer engagement, media relations and event staffing.
General Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Responsible for assisting with and the development and implementation of marketing campaigns/plans for various public events including Butler departmental programming and Butler Arts Presents performances.
• Responsible for assisting with and developing and implementing marketing campaigns and outreach for educational programs including student matinees.
• Responsible for organizing and creating assets to support marketing campaigns including media/digital/social advertising buys; print production project management; digital/radio/television asset development and other “marketing toolkit” development as needed
• Coordinates community collaborations and partnerships as well as special show promotions.
• Assists other Butler Arts Center staff and department with marketing and signage needs.
• Assists with digital asset management, strategy and deployment including social media, website, emails and in-venue signage.
• Coordinates and activates promotional events.
• Staffs events as needed in areas such as media relations, community collaborations, and receptions.
• Assists with management of show budgets and provides reports for settlements.
• Assists with the design and/or selection of promotional items
• Assists with media relations
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, public affairs, communications or related degree
• 1-5 years’ experience in marketing or related field
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook specifically)
• Some Adobe Creative Suite experience (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign specifically)
• Some HTML/CSS experience (working with email template editors and website editors)
• Experience with Marketing Cloud
Reports to: Sr. Marketing Manager
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.