The Director of Operations serves in a leadership position reporting directly to the Executive Director and oversees the management of Butler Arts & Event Center event planning and management, venue operations including front of house staff and housekeeping. The Butler Arts& Event Center includes five performing arts venues comprised of Clowes Memorial Hall, Schrott Center for the Arts, Shelton Auditorium, Lilly Hall Studio Theatre, Eidson-Duckwall Recital Hall. This position is also responsible for management of use for Butler campus venues for internal clients. The Director of Operations contributes to the strategic planning and direction of the organization and plays a lead role in program development, client relations and Butler stakeholder engagement.
General Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Key member of BAEC leadership team contributing to the strategic direction of the organization.
• Oversees multiple teams including event management for public entertainment events as well as internal Butler University events.
• Acts as and oversees the manager on duty and house manager schedules for all venues and internal events, and is the main contact for shows in Clowes Hall.
• Main liaison with Food and Beverage vendor for concessions and catering.
• Responsible for front of house operations for five public venues in areas of housekeeping, maintenance and operational needs.
• Advances and oversees the advancing of shows as well as event coordination for internal clients.
• Assures all departments are involved in and aware of event planning for entertainment rentals and internal clients via event set-up/day of show communication, correspondence and meetings
• Oversees the recruitment and management of volunteer event staff including training and scheduling.
• Works closely with production team for event preparation as well as other departments including Ticket Services, Marketing, Programming and Sales.
• Oversees relationships with Butler departments such as Public Safety, Parking Services and Facilities.
• Oversees the development of written procedures for all departments.
• Responsible for budget management of departments and financial reporting for show settlements.
• Oversees reporting efforts post event including attendance, weather, etc.
• Conducts and oversees annual performance reviews and goal setting.
• Works closely with Executive Director on capital planning for all venues.
Qualifications & Required Skills
• 4-8 years of related management experience
• Experience in managing multiple staff
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable professional experience
Reports to: Executive Director
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.