General Maintenance Worker Level 2
Job no: 493726
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Building & Maintenance Services
Butler University is seeking a General Maintenance Worker Level 2 to work under general direction of the Structures Supervisor, and repair cabinets, counters, shelves, tables, and miscellaneous furniture; replaces and repairs doors, closures, and locks; alters and repairs a variety of building structures such as walls, partitions, doorways, windows and frames, stairways, masonry, and roofs.
- Responds to work order requests and project assignments for repairs including walls of various materials, ceilings (both tile and plaster), doors (interior and exterior), repair and adjustment of hardware and windows. Flooring repair and installation of carpet, VCT, ceramic tile and wood. Woodwork repair and installation. Painting, staining, wallcovering repair and installation and caulking both interior and exterior. Metal fabrication required at times. Ongoing clean up and organization of service areas.
- Work order response for customer needs related to furniture repair, picture hanging, banner installations, etc. Installing and removing holiday displays.
- Exterior maintenance and installation of bike racks, trash receptacles, etc. Minor masonry repair and tuck pointing. Replacement of damaged paver stone, concrete placement and repair.
- Summer refurbishing or Residence Halls including all general maintenance skills required for a complete suite refresh of bathroom and sleeping area. Work in conjunction with TEMP shop where minor electrical or plumbing trim can be accomplished when in adjacent area for complete work appearance.
- Preventive maintenance tasks such as fire extinguisher checks, roof and roof drain cleaning and other jobs as assigned.
- Utilize electronic devices such as IPad and computers as part of the University PM/Work Order system for job assignments, completion tracking and customer feedback.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- General maintenance experience, preferably with academic or historic buildings.
- Use computer and IPad technology for work order management. Understand SDS (formerly MSDS) information. Versatile skills in most building construction materials for installation and repair. Ability to troubleshoot repair issues and develop a proper correction through completion.
- Ability to correctly operate both stationary and portable power equipment safely. Skill in the installation and repair of many types of building construction materials and assemblies. Good level of attention to details and aesthetic as well as durable repair completion.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend