Job no: 493663
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Public Safety
SUMMARY OF POSITION
In collaboration with other university departments, serves and protects the Butler Community and neighboring areas by assisting officers with communications. Position is a seniority bid shift once per year.
- responds promptly to customer service requests for assistance – 25%
- controls communications, alarms, video surveillance in prevention of criminal activity – 20%
- facilitates customer service by dispatching officers for escorts, building checks, and any other general customer service as needed – 20%
- speaks to members of the public to solve problems and enhance community relations – 10%
- Monitors video surveillance on campus – 10%
- Coordinate after hours requests for maintenance, housekeeping or other emergencies – 5%
- Distributes keys, IDs etc. – 5%
- Other duties assigned – 5%
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- The successful candidate will be able to articulate his/her philosophy of campus policing.
- Must demonstrate strong oral and written communications skills.
- The candidate must have a high school diploma with past dispatch experience preferred.
- The candidate must have the ability to work independently with a stable work history.
TYPE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED
- Polices and procedures are established and precedents set.
- Discretion is used in determining method of priority.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Current opening is for late shift (7PM - 7AM)
- We operate on combination of 12 hour and 8 hour shifts to accomplish 40 hours per week
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend