Core Curriculum Program Coordinator
Job no: 493618
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Academic & Student Services
The Core Curriculum Program Coordinator is a twelve month staff position which provides support for students, faculty, and leadership, working closely with a variety of units across the University to ensure proper operation and management of the core curriculum. The position reports to the Associate Provost and works directly with the Faculty Director of the Core Curriculum, while supporting core leadership, and the Core Curriculum Committee. The core program coordinator provides administrative support for matters related to the following:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Core Curriculum
- Monitor Core Curriculum Course Registration and Enrollments
- Communicate and Collaborate with a variety of University constituents
- Provide support for First Year Seminar (FYS) and Global and Historical Studies (GHS) Core Directors
- Coordinate core curriculum events and scheduling for courses, meetings and programs.
- Administrative support for hiring procedures for FYS and GHS adjunct faculty
- Coordinate and manage the Butler Cultural Requirement (BCR)
- Monitor and maintain core curriculum budgets
- Maintain and update Core curriculum websites and Canvas/Moodle pages
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 2 years relevant administrative experience required, preferably in a higher education institution
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem solving and collaborative skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, experience with PeopleSoft and Canvas desired.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend