Benefits Assistant - Temporary
Job no: 493609
Work type: Staff Temporary/Occasional
Categories: Human Resources
Butler University is currently seeking a temporary, part-time Benefits Assistant to assist and support the administration of the College’s benefit programs. This individual must have a benefits administration background working with plan compliance. The individual should be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion while providing superior customer service to internal customers.
- Promptly and professionally respond to inquiries from employees and/or management in person, via phone, online system, email, fax, and/or mail.
- Maintain/update employee benefits and dependent information in PeopleSoft
- Support reporting of workers' compensation incidents and monitoring of employee return-to-work processes
- Manage new and current employee benefit enrollments and changes including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, FSA, HAS, retirement, life, and long-term disability benefits.
- Run reports and complete data requests for benefits and HR
- Handle enrollment data and invoice transactions
- Support Senior Analysts and Managers on ad-hoc requests and projects
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree, one (1) year of benefits administration experience in Human Resources is required.
- Knowledge of relevant employment and benefits laws including: ERISA, FMLA, Worker's Compensation, COBRA, ACA, ADA, retirement plans and other benefit plans required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Previous experience working with HRIS, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills with ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must be very detail-oriented and meticulous with a proven high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated professional demeanor.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, sex, gender identity, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend