Project Manager Engineer
Job no: 493544
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Building & Maintenance Services
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for planning, organizing, overseeing and delivering new architectural and engineering projects as well as renovating and upgrading existing facilities that support and enhance the living, teaching and learning environments for the Butler University community. This person will work closely with the Planning, Design & Construction department within Operations, to ensure project management is provided at a consistent level. This individual will also work with the Campus Engineer to identify energy improvement projects and manage energy consumption/efficiency for the campus.
- Develop new construction and renovation projects.
- Manage coordination, communication and customer service on behalf of the department.
- Collaborate with Maintenance Services, Building Services and Manager of Environmental Program & Safety for all new projects and renovations.
- Oversee permits and compliance with all local,state and federal building codes and regulations as well as OSHA.
- Assist with development of renovation project scopes and budgets for deferred maintenance.
- Assist Campus Engineer with managing utility bills and campus energy consumption/efficiency.
- Assist the AVP of Operations & Chief Facility Officer, PD&C and the Campus Engineer in the development and execution of the University Master Plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience required, 5-10 years experience preferred
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend