Library Associate / Metadata
Job no: 493522
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Academic & Student Services
The Library Associate/Metadata creates or revises descriptive information for library resources, whether physical or digital, in accordance with national best practices. This information allows access to and improves awareness of these materials by Butler University students, faculty, staff, and scholars around the world. Access to scholarly resources facilitates teaching, learning, and research for the Butler community. In addition, the Library Associate/Metadata assists with ingesting digital objects and associated metadata from Indiana institutions into InDiPres for digital preservation.
- Creates metadata records for resources and loads digital items and metadata into digital collections
- Assists with ingesting digital objects and associated metadata from Indiana institutions into InDiPres for digital preservation
- Creates catalog records for physical items which are unique or for which no record currently exists using national, consortial, and local cataloging standards and practices, including RDA, Library of Congress Subject Headings, and the OCLC Bibliographic Formats and Standards, to provide improved access to held items.
- Maintains databases of catalog records and metadata records by revising records and updating library holdings when needed
- Improves own knowledge of cataloging and metadata best practices
- Special projects, as needed
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (required)
- 2-4 years experience with Microsoft Office software (required)
- 2-4 years experience handling detailed records with accuracy (required)
- 2-4 years experience with library digitization or metadata initiatives (preferred)
- 2-4 years experience with library computer applications (preferred)
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend