Current Butler students can find information regarding employment by visiting the Internship & Career Services page.
Manager of Employment
Job no: 493480
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Human Resources
Butler is searching for a HR Manager of Employment to direct responsibility through the entire recruiting process. We are looking for a fast-paced, go-getter Manager of Employment to roll up their sleeves and lead the rapid growth of our University. You'll develop and implement an adaptable, full-life cycle recruiting strategy, utilizing our online hiring system. This is a HANDS ON role with direct responsibility through the entire recruiting process. A successful Manager will have best-in-class talent adviser skills and higher education experience.
- A Functional leadership role to oversee the development, implementation and delivery of best in class employment initiatives by aligning talent acquisition and management with the University’s mission and strategic objectives.
- Actively manage the employment hiring process for the University including the position request process, offer letters, background checks, I9s, international hiring, onboarding, and other employment related processes for staff, faculty and student positions.
- Be an advocate for inclusion and diversity in talent acquisition.
- Track talent acquisition metrics, budget/spending, and provide regular updates and reports to effectively manage the recruiting budget and hiring authority expectations.
- Being responsible for the entire new hire orientation process and onboarding, including new employee orientation.
- Manage the Butler University online applicant tracking system hiring system and process to ensure efficiency, data integrity, and coordinate training for the campus.
- Conducting compensation market analysis for positions as needed.
- Assist the AVPHR to develop and implement an amazing talent acquisition strategy to identify and attract the best candidates from across the nation.
- Mentor, coach and lead a team of staff and student employees (if applicable) to executive effective HR strategies.
- Utilize SalesForce (online HR helpdesk) to manage and monitor customer responsiveness for the employment function.
- Assist with the coaching and training of University constituents on employment effectiveness including recruitment, talent retention, inspiring confidence, inclusion, social awareness and engagement.
- Live and breathe our University's core values to successfully maintain our culture of innovation and including.
- Bring fresh ideas and insight to advance the University's vision for the future.
- Being available, accessible and responsive to campus constituents.
- Be a problem solver and solution provider working collaboratively with HR team members and University constituents.
- Assisting the HR department as needed, being an innovative and collaborative team member.
- Minimum of (5) five years of talent acquisition experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development or Business Administration is necessary. Master's degree in related area and/or professional human resources certification is desired.
- Previous experience leading, developing and mentoring a successful team
- Experience with PeopleSoft, PageUp or similar comprehensive HRIS and ATS software required
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing employment, including familiarity with the ACA and AA is required
- Experience in recruiting and staffing activities to meet OFCCP specifications is required
- Excellent communicator with interpersonal, presentation and networking skills
- Critical thinker with ability to design creative differentiating strategies to attract and retain highly qualified candidates to the University
- Ability to achieve objectives and to quickly adjust course of emphasis, when needed, to reach goals
- Strong analytical skills with a high degree of initiative
- Demonstrated success for technology and creative talent recruiting
- Customer-service focused
This position reports directly to the Associate Vice President of Human Resources.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.