Building Services Assistant - Custodian
Job no: 494806
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Building & Maintenance Services
The Building Services Assistant position provides daily housekeeping services for campus restrooms, classrooms, residence halls, offices, public areas and assists the Building Services department with event set-ups, snow removal and other housekeeping/grounds duties as necessary.
- Provides daily housekeeping services for campus restrooms, classrooms, residence halls, offices, public areas, snow removal and other housekeeping/grounds duties as necessary.
- Assists the department of University Events with event-related set-ups for campus.
- Responds to emergency situations and special maintenance requests as directed.
- Contributes daily to a friendly, safe and healthy campus by providing polite and helpful customer service.
- Communicates campus needs and maintenance issues found in assigned areas to the supervisor or lead person so that work orders can be promptly generated.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Physical ability to work outside as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and able to carry the load up to 10 feet.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team
- This position may require overtime and on-call work as required
- Must have no known allergies to typical cleaning compound
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record according to Butler University policies
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to Have)
- High School or GED preferred
- 1-2 years professional housekeeping experience preferred
BU Benefits and Perks
Please check out Butler’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our benefit offerings, which include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays:
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including disability and life insurance programs
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time employment
- Tuition Assistance:
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks:
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center Performances
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend