Job no: 494127
Work type: Staff Full-time
The Butler Arts & Events Center is seeking an Event Coordinator to join it’s event operations team. The Event Coordinator will assist with and lead event management across the various departments of the Center – Touring Events, Campus Events, Flat floor Rentals, and Guest Housing. An ideal candidate is a self starter that has experience with managing events in a fast paced environment, as well as, event management software (EMS, Venue Ops, Visio).
- Planning the execution of multiple Butler University events as well as day-off management. Coordinating with various stakeholders including event owners from several campus departments as well as public safety, facilities and any other affected by the event.
- Developing written plans and event sheets for effective communication throughout the process. Maintains close relationships to outside vendors involved in the event planning process.
- Managing event budgets and contributing to the development of the department’s annual budget process.
- Understanding and adhering to any compliance and regulations in relation to events. Contributing to the development and creation of standard operating procedures and other documents for managing and/or communicating event information.
- Assisting with event management in performance venues as needed and is required to understand and implement all policies and procedures related to crowd and house management.
- Managing event budgets and contributing to the development of the department’s annual budget process. Contributing to strategic planning of the department as well as the Butler Arts & Event Center.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-2 years events management experience.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend