Senior Applications Specialist
Job no: 493463
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Information Technology
Butler University’s Information Technology department is currently seeking a passionate and skilled Senior Applications Specialist who is eager to join a team which values education, collaboration, innovation, and fun. The Specialist will enjoy a unique opportunity to be involved in application operations/support at all levels from design through implementation and support.
The Specialist will be responsible for a wide variety of application systems including both hosted and on-premise solutions. Responsibilities largely include “Tier 3” level support, advanced move/add/change requests, advanced troubleshooting, and operational tasks such as applying patches/updates as needed. The Specialist will also provide detailed written documentation of support protocols for supported applications. Additionally, as the SME for many of these systems, the Specialist may be asked to provide end-user training from time to time.
Butler IT’s Operations Team currently oversees nearly 200 application systems which span all functions of the university from academics to athletics. Qualified candidates should be self-starters who are comfortable troubleshooting/supporting systems with little prior experience. Additionally, interested applicants should be driven, detail-oriented, curious, flexible, collaborative, and team-oriented.
• Serve as a senior technician and provide advanced-level support for application-related incidents/requests
• Provide operational support for assigned application systems including but not limited to patching, applying updates, etc.
• Participate in other projects as assigned and serve as liaison to project teams in the department
• Provide ad-hoc end-user training for application systems
• 2+ years of experience in a full-time technical support role, preferably with an emphasis on providing support for enterprise-level application systems
• Working knowledge of SQL database systems
• Self-starter, capable of making independent decisions based on sound analysis
• Willingness to fully engage in the support process for application systems with little experience or guidance
• Flexibility in a changing environment
• Proven experience in analyzing system/business processes to identify inefficiencies and developing strategies for improvement
• Experience with any of the following:
• Cisco Call Manager / Cisco CCX / Cisco Unity
• Salesforce (Service Cloud)
• Advanced-level operating system support (Windows/Mac OS X)
• Exchange Online
• Microsoft Active Directory / LDAP
• Canvas LMS system
• Experience with vendor relationship management
• Project management/budgeting experience
• Experience leading a small to medium-sized team of technical professionals
• 4-year degree in a technical field
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend