Job no: 493445
Work type: Staff Full-time
Butler University is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual for the role of Development Officer in the Office of Advancement. A successful candidate will provide vision and leadership for fundraising related to all related constituencies in accordance with the Advancement Division and the University’s strategic plan. S/he will report to the Executive Director of Major Gifts & Planned Giving and serve as a member of the Development Team and a key contributor to the University’s forthcoming comprehensive campaign. The position requires excellent collaborative skills to be applied with the Development Officers, other front-line fundraisers, and across departments.
The Development Officer is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift prospects and donors, specifically gifts of $50,000 and above to support the educational mission of Butler University. S/he is also responsible for maintaining a portfolio of 50 – 75 relationships with the expectation of raising significant resources for University initiatives with a minimum of 10 face to face visits monthly.
Essential to this role will be the ability to develop strong working relationships with campus administrators including the President, Provost, Academic Deans, Athletic Director and other key members of University leadership.
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Advancement, Executive Directors of Major Gifts & Planned Giving, Development & Campaign Programs, Alumni & Engagement Programs, Advancement Services, Annual Giving, Principal Gifts, and frontline fundraisers, develops the goals, strategies, and tasks associated with closing gifts of $50,000 + at Butler University. Responsible for qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and/or stewarding a portfolio of 50-75 prospects within a collaborative and accountable infrastructure.
- Develops written proposals, gift agreements and other appropriate correspondence necessary to close and document new gifts and commitments.
- Works as a collaborative partner with colleagues in all Advancement departments to further the overall goals of University Advancement and Butler University.
- Exhibits effective and open communication with the Executive Director of Major Gifts & Planned Giving, colleagues within Advancement, as well as Butler University’s leadership including the President, Provost, Executive Council, and Board of Trustees.
- Attends appropriate meetings and performs other related duties as required and deemed appropriate to effectively accomplish responsibilities of position.
- Travels as necessary locally and regionally to manage portfolio of prospects effectively and to assist with managing events.
- Represents Butler University with integrity and professionalism.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body, faculty and staff. In addition, hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend