Job no: 493430
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Building & Maintenance Services
Butler University is seeking a Campus Engineer to provide leadership in mechanical, electrical, telecommunications, plumbing, fire protection and security systems design, energy management, equipment layout, and systems maintenance. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Operations and Chief Facilities Officer, this position will, with the Project Managers, act as the owner’s representative for new building, renovation, and capital renewal projects, and take an active role in facilitating the design team and contractors to ensure successful completion of projects. This position will play a major role in the operation of the university’s energy management system, as well as conceive, develop, and implement energy conservation initiatives, while enhancing the University’s sustainability programs with every project.
Responsibilities to the Mission:
- Provide leadership and managerial support relating to energy consumption, conservation, utility billing, equipment layout, and systems maintenance. Monitor and analyze energy uses and costs. Prepare and distribute monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and assist in preparation of utility budgets.
Act as owner’s rep for new building, renovation, and capital renewal projects. Take an active role in facilitating the work of the design team and contractors to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Ensure that all engineering and infrastructure projects are completed according to the planned scope, schedule, and budget. Monitor worksite activities and provide quality control.
- Perform engineering analysis, estimating, contract development, contract awards, and project management for energy conservation initiatives and utility related projects.
Ensure that all engineering and utility related data is properly updated and maintained regularly. With Project Managers, maintain university building standards and specifications.
Assist in maintaining the capital improvement and deferred maintenance project listing, for purposes of supporting the annual capital and operations budgeting process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in construction project management
- Experience in utility/energy management
- Employment within higher education preferred
- LEED AP preferred
- Ability to effectively network and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong project management skills with the ability to conceive, plan, and implement projects to a successful completion
- Self-motivated, self-starter, able to come up with original ideas, be resourceful, and pursue difficult problems to a logical and successful conclusion
- Excellent communication, organizational, customer service focused skills required
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle, possess a valid Indiana driver’s license with a good driving record and qualify to be an insured driver for the university
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend