Intern - Game/Event Operations
Job no: 493407
Work type: Staff Part-time
The Athletics Internal Operations Intern position will offer support to the internal operations team to manage a variety of tasks related to the successful hosting of events in all Butler University Athletics facilities.
Gameday event responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and enhance exceptional customer service on behalf of the athletics department.
- Supervise student event services staff and contract staff for events.
- Management of efficient front of house operations through daily communication with internal and external staff.
- Assist and manage of all game day event ops needs as needed.
- Serve as visiting team and game official host.
- Maintain and improve event management best practices on behalf of department.
Additional administrative responsibilities
- Schedule, train and communicate all student staffing expectations and needs.
- Agenda management and attendance at weekly staff operations meetings.
- Create/update game day timing sheets.
- Communicate with visiting teams and officials prior to and during visits to campus.
- Assist internal operations team with strategic planning projects as needed.
Individual must be highly motivated, with the ability to multi-task efficiently, confident and have the ability to cultivate and maintain a high-performing atmosphere of customer service for all athletics events. This position requires the ability to work nights and weekends, with long-hours often needed.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend