Assistant Director of Multicultural Programs & Services
Job no: 493344
Work type: Staff Full-time
Butler University seeks a collaborative, student-focused leader to serve as the Assistant Director of Multicultural Programs & Services. The Assistant Director will provide support to student organizations housed within the Efroymson Diversity Center through training, leadership development and programming that advances diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Assist the Director by coordinating programs and services within the Efroymson Diversity Center that advance an intentionally inclusive campus community.
- Advance BU|BeWell by serving as a resource and advocate for student organizations housed within the Diversity Center.
- Collaborate with student organizations and other campus offices to develop programming that supports learning and understanding of diversity through cultural celebrations and holidays including, for example, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Hispanic/ Latino/a/x Heritage Month, LGBT History Month, American Indian/ Native American Heritage Month, Black History Month, Women’s History Month, and Asian Pacific American Heritage Month.
- Support programming of the Student Government Association Diversity & Inclusion Board (DIB).
- Provide training for students, including diversity ambassadors, student organizations, SGA, and residence life staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should be a collaborative, innovative leader with a fierce commitment to supporting diverse students. A master’s degree in student affairs, higher education, or related field is required.
The successful candidate will possess the following professional qualifications and personal characteristics:
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Ability to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships
- Experience working directly with diverse student populations
- Understanding of college student development
- Experience advising college students
- Desire to have a high level of engagement with students
- Creative, innovative, collaborative, glass half full, can-do attitude!
The review process will begin starting April 9th
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend