Assistant Director for Residential Education
Job no: 493336
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Academic & Student Services
Reporting to the Executive Director of Student Living and Learning, the assistant director serves as a senior member of the department's leadership team and is responsible for the on-going development and implementation of the residential curriculum based on the Butler University BeWell student experience model. The assistant director partners with Community Directors, faculty, Greek life staff and living-learning academic program initiatives providing a comprehensive first year, second year and upper-class outcomes-based framework. This professional will provide resources, information and facilitation guides to guide the year-long training and development program of undergraduate residential community assistants. The assistant director supervises interns, leads the hiring and selection of graduate students and manages the department's assessment initiatives.
- Directs the experientially- based training for paraprofessional staff using in-services, the spring course, winter restart workshop, and fall training
- Leads the on-going design of an intentional residential curriculum integrating the BU BeWell student experience model with assessed student needs for engagement and academic success in various year based residential facilities.
- Partner with Greek professional staff and chapter leadership to enhance sorority and fraternity life through the expansion of program and curriculum with a particular focus on the second-year chapter members' experience.
- Expand the living-learning community opportunities in residence with key academic programs and faculty in residence.
- Manage the Faculty in Residence program and budget assisting with data analytics and evaluation of FIR program.
- Direct department assessments in partnership with the division's director of assessment and support professional staff in designing learning outcomes to improve assessment efforts, providing analytics and reports when requested.
- Recruit and supervise the ACUOH-I residential summer intern and undergraduate interns and lead the recruitment team for the hiring and professional development of graduate student staff.
- Identify departmental special projects based on on-going student needs and feedback to further innovation.
- Serve as a profession in the on-call duty rotation with the option to live on campus available.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Masters in Higher Education administration, college student development or related field with a minimum of 4 years post graduate experience in residence life.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrated experience designing facilitation guides for experiential based learning training and development programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of National best practices related to the development and implementation of residential curriculum programs.
- Thorough knowledge of student learning and development theories and their applications.
- Demonstrated ability to develop learning outcomes and knowledge of assessment and evaluation techniques.
- Ability to collaborate with faculty, staff, students across campus.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend