Current Butler students can find information regarding employment by visiting the Internship & Career Services page.
Administrative Specialist BU Advance
Job no: 493245
Work type: Staff Part-time
Categories: Academic & Student Services
Butler Advance is an initiative of Butler University designed to connect liberal arts and sciences students to high quality internships, jobs, and careers in Indiana. Butler Advance bridges the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and the Office of Internship and Career Services (ICS). This administrative assistant will report to the Director of Internship and Career Services and is grant funded, lasting until the end of grant funding.
Butler Advance is seeking an administrative assistant take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage all Butler Advance marketing projects – coordinating communication and logistics to support the efficiency of marketing project completion;
- Manage Butler Advance’s schedule of events, workshops, speaking/teaching engagements, etc.;
- Assist with all aspects of planning and delivery of events, workshops, speaking/teaching engagements;
- Assist in all aspects of planning, coordinating, and delivering events and workshops that are part of the Butler Advance Themed Learning Community for first-year students and the Fairview House Themed Learning Community of which Butler Advance is a key partner;
- Expand and deliver programming for Career Communities which give students a chance to explore industries of interest and connect to alumni;
- Enhance and maintain Butler Advance records and files including but not limited to grant files, budgets, and data for assessment and reporting;
- Provide training and supervision for Peer Career Advisors, who meet with students with career questions;
- Participate in developing relationships with LAS students, faculty, and staff as well as diverse offices across campus;
- Other responsibilities, as mutually agreed.
Butler Advance is seeking a candidate who:
- Can confidently manage multiple projects;
- Is proficient in planning and coordinating event details;
- Has proficiency in processing business forms;
- Is a proficient problem solver and creative thinker;
- Is highly organized;
- Has strong customer service skills;
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Enjoys working as part of team but can be independent.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.