Current Butler students can find information regarding employment by visiting the Internship & Career Services page.
Head Coach - Strength & Conditioning
Job no: 493240
Work type: Staff Full-time
Position Description: Full-time, 12-month position
Responsible for all aspects of the strength & conditioning program for Butler Athletics. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop, along with assistants, a year round training program for 19 teams and over 400 hundred student-athletes. To include:
- Strength development
- Cardiovascular development
- Team conditioning
- Speed development
- Flexibility development
- Injury prevention
- Rehabilitation of injured student-athletes
- Nutrition and supplement education
- Maintain progress records for evaluation of the success of each program
- Select and direct a staff of 3 assistant coaches.
- Build a positive culture through collaboration with the strength & conditioning staff, athletic trainers, sport coaches, student-athletes and other athletic personnel.
- Manage the weight room, develop a year-round workout schedule for 19 teams and oversee the budget and equipment maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Earned four-year baccalaureate degree required.
- NSCA or CSCCA certification required.
- CPR certification required.
- USAW certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 full time years of strength & conditioning coaching experience required.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations required.
- Ability to work flexible hours required.
- Ability to teach Olympic lifts, sprint techniques, lift 100 lbs. and safely spot athletes on squats and presses required.
- Computer skills in Word and Excel required.
- Desired candidate will have outstanding verbal communication and leadership skills and be able to work effectively with student-athletes, coaches, administrators and staff.
- Resume and cover letter are required.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.