Current Butler students can find information regarding employment by visiting the Internship & Career Services page.
Job no: 493226
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Human Resources
Butler University is currently seeking a Benefits Analyst to coordinate the administration of the College’s benefit programs. This is a professional administrative position providing support of the development, implementation and evaluation of our benefit programs.
- Manage new and current employee benefit enrollments and changes including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, retirement, life, and long-term disability benefits.
- Work directly with third-party vendors and consultants to resolve issues that may arise with the benefit plan and its members.
- Maintain FMLA, ADA, ACA, Worker's Comp, and tuition reimbursement/exchange by providing information to employees, determining eligibility according to program policy.
- Serve as benefits subject matter expert providing expertise for benefit program strategy, design, policy interpretation and implementation.
- Determine retirement eligibility of members, assist employees with the enrollment process, and ensure the accuracy of benefit transactions and compliance.
- Monitor and take appropriate action regarding benefit enrollment changes, payroll deductions, refunds, plan education, and contribution terminations.
- Effectively communicate complex and accurate information to all faculty and staff a regarding all benefits and leave including COBRA notifications.
- Participate in new employee orientation and open enrollment presentations
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years’ experience of progressively responsible work experience in benefits administration
- Previous experience working with HRIS, PeopleSoft required.
- Knowledge of relevant employment and benefits laws including: ERISA, FMLA, ADA, retirement plans and other benefit plans required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Experience working in higher education preferred.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills with ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- This position requires the highest level of confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy is necessary
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.