Current Butler students can find information regarding employment by visiting the Internship & Career Services page.
Job no: 493224
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Building & Maintenance Services
Under general supervision of Structures Supervisor, perform duties involved in the maintenance, and alteration of door lock hardware for campus buildings and structures. Keep accurate records of all changes and alterations. Perform preventative maintenance duties as scheduled.
- Respond to departmental requests on an as needed basis. Work may include hanging bulletin board, pictures, diplomas, etc. Responds to customer requests and/or are dispatched to diagnose and/or troubleshoot all lock irregularities; repair or replace whole units to make serviceable. This would include mortise locks, cylindrical locks, pad locks, along with desk and file cabinet locks. Repair, adjust and/or replace door mounted closures and floor closures. Rekey locks for security purposes and change key code records.
- Install, maintain, and repair doors, door hardware, windows, window hardware, partitions, office equipment/furniture, and classroom fixtures/equipment.
- Rekey locks for security purposes and change key code records. Cut new keys as requested. Re-assign used keys. Keep accurate and up to date records of all keys, lock codes, and personnel who have University keys.
- Complete summer dorm prep work as part of our SHARE strategic plan. Work includes checking dorm furniture for repairs, replace broken towel bars, mirrors, floor tile, ceiling tile, etc.
- Perform periodic preventative maintenance hinges, door closures, and related door hardware.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment including, key blanks, lock parts, knobs, cylinders, cores, etc. Prepare paperwork to order replacement parts.
- Use electronic tools, I.E., computer, I-pad, etc., to check work order requests, close work orders, record time keeping, check e-mails, etc.
- HS Diploma and/or GED
- 2 years experience working as a locksmith
- 2 years experience working as a General Carpenter Specialist
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.