Building Services Assistant
Job no: 493222
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Building & Maintenance Services
The Building Services Assistant position will provide housekeeping and event set services to campus constituents five days per week. This position will also be required to work “Flex” day shift schedule (5:00 AM to 1:30 PM) that regularly includes overtime and weekends. Filling this vacant position will help us continue to provide proper health and safety coverage in residence halls and emergency service and work orders in all campus buildings.
During the academic year from 24/7 annually, this position assists with maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all campus patrons. This position will be directly responsible for cleaning showers/restrooms, stairwells, lobbies, campus emergency response, work orders, event set-ups and other tasks in residence halls and campus buildings.
- Provides daily housekeeping services for campus restrooms, classrooms, residence halls, offices, public areas, snow removal and other housekeeping/grounds duties as necessary.
- Assist the department of University Events with event-related set-ups for campus.
- Respond to emergency situations and special maintenance requests as directed.
- Contributes daily to a friendly, safe and healthy campus by providing polite and helpful customer service.
- Communicates campus needs and maintenance issues found in assigned areas to the supervisor or lead person so that work orders can be promptly generated.
Qualifications & Requirements:
This position requires the physical ability to work outside. In addition, this position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and able to carry the load up to 10 feet. It is preferred that the candidate to hold a valid driver’s license along with an acceptable driving record.
- High School or GED preferred
- 1-2 years professional housekeeping experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and carry load up to 10 feet
- This position may require overtime and on-call work as required
- Must have no known allergies to typical cleaning compound
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend