Preventative Maintenance Technician
Job no: 493215
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Building & Maintenance Services
This position is responsible for repairing, maintaining, and installing heating, air conditioning, and ventilation systems. In addition, this position is responsible for performing preventative maintenance on HVAC equipment. Finally, this position is responsible for swimming pool water quality, operation of Honeywell computer automated building information system, and campus wide salt delivery for softener systems.
- Complete work order requests from our customers, I.E., replace fan motors, change Honeywell valves, actuators, and cartridges, unclog drains, repair leaks, and repair or replace appliances.
- Perform preventative and routine maintenance to all campus HVAC equipment, change filters, replace belts, greae and or replace bearings, clean intake grills, etc.
- Provide daily inspection and water quality testing of the swimming pool. Tasks include chemical analysis of pool water, stocking and distributing pool chemicals, and ensuring all mechanical systems are operating efficiently.
- Provide campus wide delivery of water softener salt for 15 buildings. Monitor inventory levels and order new product when necessary.
- Monitor campus wide HVAC systems by using the Honeywell computerized Building Automation System.
- Provide emergency response for unplanned plumbing and HVAC problems that occur during the day.
- Use electronic tools, I.E., computer, I-pad, etc., to check work order requests, close work orders, record time keeping, check e-mails, etc.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required, associates degree preferred
- 2-4 years of related work experience
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend