Current Butler students can find information regarding employment by visiting the Internship & Career Services page.
Job no: 493214
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Building & Maintenance Services
Under general supervision of Structures Supervisor, perform duties involved in the maintenance of structural components of the campus to include doors, windows roofs, walls etc., and alteration of door and lock hardware for campus buildings and structures. Keep accurate records of all lock changes and alterations. Perform preventative maintenance duties as identified and scheduled.
- Install, maintain, and repair doors, door hardware, windows, window hardware, partitions, office equipment/furniture, and classroom fixtures/equipment.
- Respond to departmental requests on an as needed basis. Work may include hanging bulletin board, pictures, diplomas, etc. Responds to customer requests and/or are dispatched to diagnose and/or troubleshoot all lock irregularities; repair or replace whole units to make serviceable. This would include mortise locks, cylindrical locks, pad locks, along with desk and file cabinet locks. Repair, adjust and/or replace door mounted closures and floor closures. Rekey locks for security purposes and change key code records.
- Perform periodic preventative maintenance on hinges, door closures, and related door hardware and perform preventative maintenance on other work orders as requested.
- Perform work as a Mason. Work to include, forming and pouring concrete, cutting out and cleaning joints, tuck-pointing brick or stone.
- Complete summer dorm prep work as part of our SHARE strategic plan. Work includes checking dorm furniture for repairs, replace broken towel bars, mirrors, floor tile, ceiling tile, etc.
- Cut new keys as requested. Re-assign used keys. Keep accurate and up to date records of all keys, lock codes, and personnel who have University keys.
- Remove, prepare, and re-caulk as necessary various areas across campus
- Respond to BUPD, during normal work hours or as an after-hours emergency call in service, to change lock core and cut new keys for students who lose their residence hall or apartment key(s).
- Respond to departmental and BUPD requests on an as needed basis. Work may include hanging bulletin board, pictures, diplomas, lock issue, or emergency response.
- Use electronic tools, I.E., computer, I-pad, etc., to check work order requests, close work orders, record time keeping, check e-mails, etc.
- HS Diploma
- 2-4 years experience working as a locksmith
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.