Current Butler students can find information regarding employment by visiting the Internship & Career Services page.
Temporary Maintenance Technician
Job no: 493209
Work type: Staff Part-time
Categories: Building & Maintenance Services
This temporary position will support the TEMP shop while positions are vacant, while assisting in a few additional areas of need including the stock room and the Facility Condition Assessment.
- 1-2 days/week: Assist the Business Services Coordinator in organizing and setting up the stock room so it can be restored back to a functional stock room. This work is anticipated to take 1-2 days per week for 3-4 months. Upon completion of organizing this room, this position will be used for approximately 1 day a week to help maintain the room.
- remaining hours from a 2-3 days week: assist the TEMP shop in completing various work orders as assigned by the Supervisor of the TEMP Shop.
- In 2018, Butler will be completing a Facility Condition Re-assessment of campus. Escorts are needed to walk assessors through campus buildings are share maintenance issues/concerns that might not be visible at the time of the walk through. This temporary position is to assist 2-3 days per week as an escort. The dates the assessors are to be on campus is October 16-25 (M-F) and November 26-December 7 (M-F). During this time, this individual will be a full time escort. Once the weeks that the escort duty is no longer needed, this position shall return to supporting the responsibilities listed above.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma
- 2-4 years prior experience as a maintenance technician
- Driver's license with good driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier
- Knowledge pertaining to Butler University's campus
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.