BW, Group Fitness Leader Mind-Body - Certified
Job no: 493182
Work type: Staff Part-time
This is a position in which the Group Fitness Instructor is expected to lead a group of participants through a specific mind-body class format. The GFI creatively designs classes that are safe for participants including proper use of equipment and movement. Administrative duties include timely communication with the supervisor and participants, keeping participant counts and maintain knowledge of current industry standards. Nationally recognized certifications in mind/body formats are recommended.
- Teaching classes (1-3 per week)
- Keep track of participant count in classes each week and record them in the log for each classroom
- Distribute surveys once per semester
- Evaluate peers once per semester
- Teach for Customized Fitness Classes as needed
- Mentor incoming staff each semester
- Planning workouts & music for classes (done prior to class)
- Attending small education sessions hosted at HRC (usually led by Fitness Coordinator/Assistant Director)
- Any ACE, AFFA, Pilates, etc. workshops that may be available (do not have to attend these, but available to those who wish to take them.)
- Attend all required meetings (Monthly All Fitness meetings)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- National/reputable certification in mind/body group fitness format you will be teaching.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend