Functional System Support Specialist
Job no: 493173
Work type: Staff Full-time
This position will assist University departments in putting new scholarship management software into practice. This will include a phase in financial aid setup and a phase in donor stewardship setup. The position will serve as a bridge to communicate departmental specifications with the University IT data team for integration across multiple systems. This position serves as a functional super-user for AcademicWorks and upon full implementation, supports ongoing scholarship setup, runs processes, communicates issues and manages reporting. Additional responsibilities will include supporting system needs and daily processes in the Office of Financial Aid and coordinating financial aid for academic programs that use calendars other than the traditional full semester.
- Manage setup of individual scholarships including scholarship management and donor stewardship in AcademicWorks software. During the initial 12-18 months of Academic Works implementation, this will include significant coordination of data needs and testing with FA, Advancement, the IT data team and Blackbaud.
- Executes ongoing functional testing and daily processes as well as coordination with IT and/or other departments to resolve issues. Ensures data integrity, i.e. that interfaces are functioning properly. These responsibilities and support of other financial aid software functions will increase as the implementation of Academic Works turns to maintenance and reporting.
- Liaison for Financial Aid and Advancement’s use of and needs for AcademicWorks with Business Office and IT. Maintains a collaborative relationship between Advancement and Financial Aid including ongoing setup of scholarships and meeting reporting needs for endowed scholarships.
- Support financial aid system needs to maintain compliance with academic programs outside of traditional semester (16 week) timeline. This includes modules (short courses within semester dates) and online programs which require different regulatory compliance of students’ enrollment, budgeting, awarding and disbursing aid.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate work experience.
- 4+ years experience in software support experience, prefer with progressive work experience. Experience in planning and applying information technology to business functions.
- 3+ years experience in knowledge and understanding of financial aid – federal, state and institutional.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend