Senior Consultant, Marketing
Job no: 493141
Work type: Staff Full-time
The Butler Business Consulting Group (BBCG) within the Lacy School of Business at Butler University is seeking a new Senior Consultant. The Senior Consultant will have at least a Bachelor's Degree with 3-4 years of demonstrated functional expertise in marketing disciplines and will report to the Sales and Marketing Services practice area manager. This person will also have demonstrated experience working with consulting clients, high integrity and concern for the efficient and successful outcomes of each project. Responsibilities will include oversight of portions of projects and interaction with faculty, students, and clients. Specific details of responsibilities and skills sought are shown below.
- Manage client relationships to meet or exceed their expectations while ensuring beneficial project economics
- Create and manage project work plans to on-time completion of all agreed-upon deliverables with high quality
- Co-ordinate project resources (students, faculty, full-time BBCG staff, hired consultants, client personnel, etc.) to complete agreed-upon deliverables and fulfill learning goals
- Create project approaches and work plans for client engagements in a specific area of expertise and develop estimates during the sales cycle of such projects; monitor project scope to ensure delivery excellence
- Monitor ongoing progress of clients following BBCG engagements and track progress toward agreed-upon business goals
- Balance the goals of the Butler Business Consulting Group client engagements with the broader goals of the Lacy School of Business
- Assist with building client service methodology of the Butler Business Consulting Group organization under the direction of the BBCG Directors and Managers
- Identify strategic opportunities for BBCG clients which may involve other BBCG consulting services
- Help define performance goals and metrics for BBCG client to allow continuous monitoring and management
- Job requires frequent (50 %+) travel by automobile to central Indiana locations
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 3-4 years hands-on consulting experience in a functional discipline of need for the BBCG
- Minimum educational attainment of B.S. in accredited 4-year institution; M.S. or MBA preferred
- Experience in making strategic decisions related to product positioning, pricing methodology, channel placement, and promotional tactics
- Experience in developing and maintaining a company's brand
- Understanding of how to obtain, analyze, and make recommendations based upon primary and secondary market research - both quantitative and qualitative
- Growing ability to maintain multiple concurrent priorities and manage interdependencies between tasks, segments, resources, etc.
- Good listening skills and change agent
- Ability to manage multiple engagements while coaching project resources
- Confident written and verbal communication skills for both internal and client facing needs.
- Utmost integrity: the Butler Business Consulting Group will model good business practice and ethical business conduct
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office solutions including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Project and general knowledge of CRM systems and business processes
- Resume and cover letter are required.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend