Assistant Coach - Women's Swimming
Job no: 493131
Work type: Staff Part-time
Butler University seeks a part-time, 9-month assistant women’s swimming coach to assist with managing and supervising the day-to-day operations of the athletic team including teaching, coaching, recruiting, and academic monitoring. The assistant coach will provide leadership and support for the vision and strategies of Butler’s women’s swimming program. Position provides a monthly stipend. A graduate school tuition waiver available based upon acceptance into a Butler graduate program.
- Assist head coach with practice and game coaching
- Evaluation and recruitment of academically qualified and highly skilled student athletes
- Assist head coach with team travel
- Assist with academic monitoring and the personal development of student athletes
- Contribute to building a positive team culture
- Administrative duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Collegiate coaching and/or playing experience preferred
- Knowledge of NCAA I and Big East Conference rules and regulations required
- Desired candidate will have outstanding verbal communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively with student athletes, coaches, administrators, and staff
- Clean driving record
Applicants must submit:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information of at least three (3) current references
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, August 16, 2017.
Only completed applications will be considered.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend